We would like to invite you to the Sister Cities Day 2023 that will take place on 22th – 24th May 2023. The aim of this event is to connect our sister cities and establish a communication platform to solve topical issues.
The 2023’s main topic will be ENVIRONMENT.
The three-day programme will include 6 thematic workshops prepared in cooperation with the Environmental Department of the City of Brno, the municipal companies, the Brno University of Technology and the Czech Hydrometeorological Institute.
Topics of the workshops:
- Climate change communication strategy - registration closed
- Biodiversity support and greenery nature-based maintenance
- Green infrastructure engineering as a tool for the city´s adaptation
- Measures in air protection - cancelled
- System of gathering and collection of soretd waste, waste energy recovery and synergy for the city - cancelled
- Transformation of urban energy and mobility, new challenges
Monday 22 May 2023
|afternoon||arrival, accommodation in the Continental hotel|
|17:00||opening by the Mayor of Brno, presentations|
|19:00||dinner in the Continental hotel|
Tuesday 23 May 2023
|9:00 – 12:00||workshops – working groups meeting|
|12:00 – 13:30||lunch (separately by working groups)|
|13:30 – 17:30||workshops, site visits|
Wednesday 24 May 2023
|10:00 – 12:00||short summary and outputs of workshops, informal discussion, New Town Hall|
|14:00 – 16:00||guided tour of the city centre for interested participants|
|16:00||end of programme|